Monday, June 9, 2014

Moving Mountains Lessons on Life and Leadership Reinhold Messner




Never Stop Exploring
The only person on whose account I could give up
climbing is my mother. Previously my wife too, I admit,
influenced me in critical situations, but she did not try to
dissuade me from going on expeditions. And my mother,
also, knows that these adventures are an expression of
myself, that I have to undertake them. She is one of the
very few people who really understands me. Of course
she often worries, but she has sufficient confidence in me
not to transmit her fears to me. Just knowing she is there, I
feel stronger when I am alone, and because I know she
cares, death itself does not frighten me. What I earlier felt
as fear, I now perceive as love as physical as a kind of
paralysis or sigh of relief, depending on whether I am
approaching a certain point of danger, or already passed
it.

No comments:

Post a Comment